Sunday, April 17, 2011

Mothers Love


Mothers Love

In a  Small Town  there  was  a boy named James with his one eyed mother. They were very poor  and they  lived in a small hut.
When James was in secondary school. James  hated  that  his  one  eyed  mother  sent  him  to  school  everyday. He felt very embarrassed about his mother because she had just an eye on her face. His friends always laugh at him.
One day, his mother wanted to send him to his school but he refused and confronted her with a despite face.
“Hey, if you just wanted to make me disgraced in front of  my  friends  because of your one eyed face it’s better if you’re dead!” James  said  it  with  anger. His mother was  speechless.  Then,  James  grew up and got in the Oxford School in New York. He studied hard to get rid of his mother.
James became a successful person and he bought his own house. Then he got married and had his own kids. After a few years, his mother missed him so much. So, she planned  to visit him. When she knocked the door, the kids opened it and laughed at her. James came out with his wife. His wife took their kids inside.
“How dare you come here and scare my kids!”  James  scolded  his  one  eyed  mother.
“Oh, I’m so sorry for scaring your children. I think I have the wrong address. I’ll stay out from your house.” The one eyed mother said it and went away from her dearest son with a wounded heart.
“Good! Get lost old woman.” James  said  it  and slammed the door.
Its been a  long time since James visited his mother. He lied to his wife that he was going to a meeting across the country. He went to the old hut where he was born  and raised. He realise that the hut was so dirty and nobody was there. He asked his old neighbor about his mother.
“Excuse me, can I know about the old woman stays at the hut?” James  asked  his  old  neighbor  with  curiosity.
“You mean your mother boy?” Asked the neighbor  as  he  recognize  James.
“Mm..yes sir. I’m her son. Where is she?” James  asked  him  again.  His  guilty  face  was  exposed.  The neighbour looked at his face.
“I’m sorry. Your mother died last night.”  After  James  heard  the  neighbor's  statement,  he was  speechless.
Then, the neighbor gave him a letter written  with his mother’s name. James took it with a  a  trembled  hands.
Dear son,
I’m sorry, when I had made you embarrassed in front of your friends and I came to your house uninvited and scared your children.
You see… The truth was when you were a baby, you were involved  in  an accident that one of your eyes got  blinded so, I gave you mine. I could  not  bare to watch  you grew  up with just an eye. Although, you didn’t care much about me but I felt very happy for you. You can see the whole new world and be successful man with that eye. Please take care of yourself for me and with all my love to you.
Love,
Your mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment