Sunday, July 7, 2013

Money


 Section  B  :  Continuous  Writting
(One  word  Essay  -  'Money')
Money?  What  can  I  write  about  money?  Oh  yeah…  I  had  a  cat  named  Money.  Why  I  called  it  Money?  It  was  a  very  rare  breed  Persian  cat.  It  was  so  cute.  It’s  fur  was  white  and  orange.  I  was  going  back  from  school.  It  was  raining  cats  and  dogs.  I  ran  from  the  main  school  gate  to  the  bus  stop.  Splash!  I  accidentally  stomp  on  a  puddle  of  water.  My  track  bottom  was  very  soggy.  I  blew  a  fuse  at  myself.  I  gave  a  very  big  sigh.  I  sat  quietly  at  the  bus  stop  as  my  clothes  were  wet.  I  waited  for  my  mother  to  pick  me  up.  Suddenly,  I  heard  a  timid  voice  coming  from  the  drain.  I  slowly  went  there  and  searched  for  the  source  of  the  sound.  I  was  taken  by  surprise  when  I  saw  a  kitten  in  the  drain. 


The  rain  started  to  slow  down.  The  sun  started  to  shine  again.  I  tried  to  find  a  way  to  get  the  kitten.  Fortunately,  I  was  wearing  a  track  bottom  and  a     t-shirt.  I  climbed  down  the  big  drain  and  picked  up  the  cute  little  kitten.  The  kitten  was  injured  and  dirty.  Then,  my  classmate,  Arif  looked  at  me  with  a  grin  and  he  said,  “Hey,  you  are  so  brave  to  go  in  that  big  drain.  There  are  a  lot  of  cockroaches  in  it.”.  When  I  heard  his  statement,  I  almost  fainted  with  surprise.  I  shook  my  head  slowly.  Cockroaches?  Seriously?  I  looked  in  the  drain  again.  Yes,  there  were  a  lot  of  them.  Err…  Arif  laughed  as  he  looked  at  my  actions.  I  was  as  red  as  a  beetroot.  After  that,  my  mother  arrived  at  the  bus  stop  on  time  and  to  hide  my  embarrassment  just  now,  I  smiled  and  Arif  waved  goodbye. 


Before  I  stepped  in  my  mother’s  car,  her  Audi  A5,  I  asked  for  my  mother’s  permission  to  keep  the  kitten.  “You  can  keep  it  if  you  can  take  good  care  of  it.”,  my  mother  said  gracefully.  I  was  relieved.  When  we  reached  our  home,  I  cleaned  the  kitten  gently.  I  also  put  some  medicine  on  it’s  paw  and  put  it  in  a  basket.  The  basket  was  decorated  with  a  blue  ribbon.  The  kitten  looked  very  happy.  Then,  it  was  my  turn  to  bathe.  After  I  cleaned  myself  up,  I  looked  at  the  kitten.  The  kitten  could  walk  again.  Wow!  It  was  a  miracle  and  amazing  too.  I  was  impressed.  I  picked  it  up  and  put  it  by  my  side.  Suddenly,  I  found  a  small  orange  dot  on  the  kitten’s  body.  It  looked  like  a  50  cent.  Furthermore,  the  dot  was  extraordinary.   It  had  the  ‘wau’  illustration,  the  same  as  the  real  50  cents  that  were  exist  in  this  world.  So,  I  decided  to  call  the  kitten,  ‘Money’. 


That  was  how  ‘Money’  got  it’s  name.  Money  also  loved  the  sounds  made  by  the  dropping  cents  on  the  floor.  Sometimes,  I  need  to  shake  a  sack  of  ful  coins  to  call  Money.  It  was  as  fat  and  big  as  Garfield  after  a  month.  Although  it  was  fat,  it  loved  to  play  yarn  and  climb  trees.  So,  it’s  attitude  was  not  the  same  as  Garfield.  Garfield  is  still  a  lazy  cat  that  loves  Lasagna.  But  Money  died  due  to  old  age.  Back  then,  I  was  very  sad.  Money  was  one  spectacular  cat.


(556  words)

Written  by  -  Nur  Edzafirah  Binti  Eddie

                                    5  Al-Razi

No comments:

Post a Comment