Saturday, July 6, 2013

Deja Vu!!


Section  B  :  Continuous  Writting
(Narrative  Essay  -  Write  a  story  beginning  with  "The  sky  was  dark....")


The  sky  was  dark.  I  had  to  hurry  home  from  school.  I  waited  for  the  bus  at  the  bus  stop.  There  was  no  one,  nothing  and  the  night  was  as  dark  as  ebony.  Suddenly,  it  was  raining  cats  and  dogs.  I  sat  calmly  and  waited  for  the  bus  as  calm  as  a  cucumber. Then,  the  thunder  roared  and  the  lightning  struck.  I  was  taken  aback  for  it  occurred  out  of  the  blue.  I  felt  something  was  watching  me  and    I  looked  around  anxiously.  I  felt  goosebumps  all  over  me.  I   wanted  to  investigate  behind  the  scene.  I  strolled  around  the  bus  stand.  I  tried  to  be  as  brave  as  a  lion.  I  looked  at  my  watch  and  it  was  10:15  p.m..  I  saw  a  shadow  passing  by  me.  I  glanced  at  my  watch  again  and  it  was  gone.  “What?  Wait,  where  is  my  watch?”.  I  said  anxiously  and  I  was  afraid  as  a  mouse.


            I  hugged  my  bag  like  I  was  hugging  my  teddy  bear  before  I  go  to  sleep.  That  watch  was  a  branded  watch,  the  new  and  improved  Swatch  digital  designed.  I  became  frustrated.  Something  or  someone  took  my  watch  just  now.  A  very  cunning  thief  maybe.  I  was  cold  and  I  just  stared  at  the  drops  of  rain.  I  also  looked  at  the  puddle  in  front  of  me.  It  was  as  clear  as  crystal.  After  that,  I  thought  about  my  late  father.  He  always  reminded  me  about  my  studies  and  often  told  me  some  ghost  stories.  He  was  a  good  Samaritan.  Back  when  I  was  a  kid,  everybody  in  my  village  loved  him.  He  was  the  headman.  He  had  the  Midas  touch,  he  always  helped  my  mother  at  the  stall.  I  miss  him  so  much…


            While  I  was  building  castles  in  the  air,  something  came  near  me  from  the  dark.  I  tried  to  find  my  torchlight  in  my  bag.  I  had  cold  feet.  When  I  found  it,  I  turned  it  on  and  directed  it  towards  that  ‘something’  and  it  screamed  because  of  the  light.  I  was  shocked.  It  was  not  a  something  but  it  was  a  someone,  that  someone  was  a  she.  Min  Yung,  she  is  one  of  my  classmates.  Everybody  in  my  school  likes  her,  she  is  a  kindhearted  person.  They  said  that  Min  Yung  looks  like  Kwon  Yuri,  one  of  the  Girls  Generation  members.  She  smiled  at  me  after  I  put  away  the  light.  Then,  she  sat  beside  me  on  the  bench.  “Oh  dear,  Yuri…erk,  Min  Yung  sit  beside  me”,  I  was  as  red  as  a  beetroot.


            A  famous  girl  sat  beside  me,  of  course  I  got  so  excited,  thrilled  and  happy  like  I  was  on  top  of  the  world.  Then,  she  broke  the  ice  between  us.  She  asked  me  about  my  studies.  In  my  excitement,  I  could  not  let  any  word  out  of  my  mouth.  I  felt  very  nervous.  This  is  how  it  felt  when  we  stepped  in  an  interview?  She  smiled  and  waited  for  my  answer.  After  that,  she  laughed  softly  and  nodded  as  she  tried  to  understand  me.  She  said  that  every  guy  could  not  say  anything  when  she  asked  them  questions.  So,  she  understood  me.  She  added,  “You’re  cute  when  you’re  nervous”.  Then,  I  woke  up  from  my  sleep.  I  looked  around.  I  was  in  my  room.  I  looked  on  my  side  table.  I  did  not  loss  my  watch,  there  it  was,  a  blue  and  white  watch.  So,  it  was  just  a  dream.  Hm…  I  walked  myself  to  the  bathroom  and  bathe.  I  prepared  myself  for  school.


            During  recess,  I  thought  about  my  dream  last  night.  I  played  with  my  “nasi  lemak”.  “Hey,  eat  properly!  Don’t  play  with  your  food”.  I  was  startled  and  I  looked  around  me. It  was  Min  Yung.  I  was  mesmerized.  She  took  her  place  beside  me.  She  is  as  beautiful  as  an  angel.  That  moment  she  asked  me  the  same  question  as  last  night,  in  my  dream.  Then  again,  I  could  not  say  a  word.  She  giggled  and  said,  “You’re  cute  when  you’re  nervous”.  My  eyes  were  wide  opened.  I  was  shocked  beyond  belief.  Wow!  Deja  vu!

(  680  words  )

Written  by  -  Nur  Edzafirah  Binti  Eddie 

5  Al-Razi

No comments:

Post a Comment